Search

Forum

Fast change protect/non selectable by create adjustments

 2 Replies
 1 Subscribed to this topic
 46 Subscribed to this forum
Sort:
Oz Perrenoud
Advanced Member
Posts: 139
Advanced Member
  • Quote
  • Reply

I think it would be very interesting to have the ability to create patterns for protected or non-selectable items.

This is not the same as a layer filter; it is something we would use in conjunction with them.

In other words: I select my layer filter to view certain objects, but I only want to modify a few of them at that moment. Then, I change the pattern (edit style). When finished, maintaining the same layer filter select another edit style and modify what I want... and so on.

Floriaan
Senior Member
Posts: 525
Senior Member
  • Quote
  • Reply

Do you mean, you want to store the Locked and Uneditable fields in the Layers tab as a sort of set or 'scene' that you can recall?

Floriaan Ganzevoort
Lighting Designer - Theatermachine
Oz Perrenoud
Advanced Member
Posts: 139
Advanced Member
  • Quote
  • Reply

Hey Floriaan!

Yes.

It could be done this way, but... 

For example, I create a layer filter to see everything, but I create another one where I can only manipulate the devices. Or another where I can only change truss, and so on.

The Scenes wouldn't work as well in this case.