Network integration using CITP
It is possible to integrate with Capture using the CITP network protocol. The CITP protocol is open for anyone, free of charge and allows you to:
- Transmit DMX data to Capture without the need for other protocols such as Art-Net or sACN. (CITP/SDMX)
- Transmit encrypted DMX data to Capture, useful for instance with "offline" or demo versions lighting control systems. (CITP/SDMX)
- Receive DMX feedback from Capture, most commonly used to receive fixture focusing information from Capture. (CITP/SDMX)
- Transmit streaming video to Capture. (CITP/MSEX)
You can find the CITP protocol specification and a discussion forum at http://www.citp-protocol.org. Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any technical questions related to integration with Capture using CITP.
Capture specific CITP extensions
Additional integration messages are available in the Capture-specific CITP extension layer CAEX and allow you to:
- Acquire live view imagery from Capture.
- Provide a customizable remote "cue recording" user interface in Capture.
- Bidirectionally communicate fixture patch, selection and other fixture information with Capture.
- Transmit live laser media content to Capture.
Download the CITP/CAEX Specification for more information. We encourage you to contact email@example.com if you have any questions or wish to stay updated on future developments of the CITP CAEX extensions.