Capture 2023 revision history
The first release of Capture 2023 was version 2023.0.20, the 14th of March 2023.
Version 2023.1.6, released the 19th September 2023
- Motion Fixtures
- Assigning motion fixtures in a group to control the group itself could result in a hang.
- Control Pane
- The mouse could jump to odd positions in multi-monitor setups when using the control pane on macOS.
- Water Jets
- Wide water jets did not render well at lower intensities.
- Motion Fixtures
- It was not possible to delete a motion fixture that had been added to a fixture group.
- Gobo Wheels
- The speed of gobo change was too slow in fixtures with very slow variable gobo rotation speed.
- Emissive Surfaces
- Depth precision glitches could be observed in emissive surfaces.
Version 2023.1.5, released the 21st August 2023
- Sort Order
- The sort order of DMX patch and fixture groups was incorrect.
Version 2023.1.4, released the 18th August 2023
- Report Layout
- Table content could overflow page boundaries.
- Rigging Reports
- Sorting by rigging coordinate in reports produces unintuitive results.
- Group Layer
- Newly created groups were not assigned to a layer.
- Gobo Rotation
- The direction of gobo rotation, both indexed and spinning, was incorrect.
- DWG Import
- Lines imported from blocks in DWG files ended up at the wrong location.
- MVR Export
- Exported MVR files were missing all but the first fixture types' GDTF files.
- Panel Reports
- Panels did not provide any power rating in reports.
Version 2023.1.3, released the 4th July 2023
- Hanging Dialogs
- On Windows, Capture could hang temporarily in dialogs that have been open for several minutes.
- Throws Light
- Turning on and off the Throws Light property of fixtures could cause erratic lighting behaviour in other fixtures.
- MVR Unit
- Fixtures' Unit properties could export incorrectly when containing a combination of text and numbers.
Version 2023.1.2, released the 20th June 2023
- MVR Import
- Support for GDTF 1.2 and GLB geometry files has been added.
- MVR Export
- Trusses are now exported as symbols.
- NDI Update
- Updated to NDI 5.5.4.
- MA-Net3 NIC
- It is now possible to select the network interface to use for MA-Net3.
- Project Files
- Various improvements to verify and ensure the integrity of saved project files.
- Corrupt Projects
- Replacing internal fixture identifier when importing fixture data could lead to corrupt project files.
- Rendering Glitches
- Visualisation on Mac could contain glitches with emissive materials at certain angles and distances from objects.
- Distracting Edges
- Built-in forms such as the cylinder could leave distracting edges.
- Off-screen Windows
- Dialogs and windows could sometimes open partially off-screen on Windows.
- Measure Units
- Measurement units in automatic unit mode now allow mixed imperial units, i.e. 4' 2".
Version 2023.0.25, released the 5th June 2023
- Window Resize
- Resizing a design view in Live mode to a wide but very low height size could lead to a crash.
- Pixel Tubes
- Using pixel tubes and omnidirectional fixtures could lead to crashes on some Macs with Intel GPUs.
- Corrupt Project Files
- Recording snapshots with missing thumbnails could result in project files that could not be loaded again.
- Library Download
- Automatic installation of library updates downloaded inside Capture could fail with an incorrect incompatibility error.
Version 2023.0.24, released the 17th May 2023
- Open Project
- Opening a valid project file could fail under extremely rare circumstances.
- Save Project
- Shutting off the computer forcibly immediately after saving a project could lead to corrupt files.
Version 2023.0.23, released the 18th April 2023
- Demo Timeout
- The demo version could crash after the demo timeout had elapsed.
- Movie Rendering
- Occasional black frames and glitches could appear in rendered movies.
Version 2023.0.22, released the 30th March 2023
- Chinese Reports
- Capture could crash when displaying some reports in Chinese.
- Snapshot Recording
- Visualisation would freeze when opening modal dialogs on Windows, such as the movie snapshot recording dialog.
- Layer Key
- Plot layer keys could show layers in the wrong order.
- Snapping could malfunction after having used a keyboard shortcut to navigate away from a design view.
- The transform dialog did not remember what type of transformation was last performed.
- Page Setup
- The built in page sizes for Letter was incorrect.
- Slide Projectors
- The quality of images projected with slide projectors was very low.
- glTF Import
- Importing glTF files from paths containing international characters failed without an explanation.
- Symbol Key
- Symbols in the plot symbol key were shown mirrored.
- Fixtures Window
- When opening the fixtures window it did not initially reflect the current selection.
- DWG Export
- Exporting imported objects with modified drawing units could get the wrong scale.
For older versions of Capture, see the Capture 2022 revision history.