Search

Forum

Martin Aura XIP: Wrong Colors After Patching in Capture (without Lightdesk)

 1 Replies
 0 Subscribed to this topic
 41 Subscribed to this forum
Sort:
Benjamin
New Member
Posts: 6
New Member
  • Quote
  • Reply

Hi everyone, 

I have the Martin Aura XIP in Basic Mode in my file. 
When the lamps are unpatched, I can control and adjust them in Capture’s 3D window. Everything works perfectly. 

As soon as I patch the lamps in Capture, they start acting strangely. 

When I try to set a color, a different color is displayed than the one I set. (For example, I set it to blue, but the lamp turns red.) If I go to the “Devices” tab under “DMX Universes” and set the CTO value to 100%, the colors are displayed correctly again in Capture’s 3D window. (Unfortunately, you can’t adjust the CTO value via the control panel in the 3D window; you have to do it the cumbersome way through the Devices/Universes view.) This only happens with this specific lamp type. I don’t have this problem with other devices. 

Is there a way to adjust a lamp's default settings so that I can set the CTO DMX channel to 100% permanently? That would solve the problem.

Does anyone else have this issue with the XIP lamp and the incorrectly rendered colors? 
Does anyone perhaps have a tip or a solution? 

Thanks.
Benjamin 

Designlight
New Member
Posts: 2
New Member
  • Quote
  • Reply

Hi, 
This is "normal" behaviour which is pretty annoying. It's the same with Martin mac ONE.
 

imho there are two solutions: Make the CTO wheel accessible in the 3D view. Or make Capture store snapshots without the need to patch the lights.

I hope we get a solution for this.

Best, 
Johannes