Upcoming new system requirements
During our live webcast on Monday last week we spoke about some important changes in the upcoming Capture 2019 release in three weeks.
With Capture 2019 we will be updating the system requirements so we want to make sure everyone is on track with the details surrounding this.
For our Windows users, we will cease official support of Windows 7 and Windows 8. Microsoft are ending support for Windows 7 early next year which means that we cannot rely on any fixes from Microsoft in the event of operating system-related issues that could arise due to use of new hardware and third-party software. Windows 8 is an operating system that very few use and is even difficult for us to obtain in order to be able to support with a reasonable level of confidence. As a result of this, Windows 10 will be the minimum system requirement of Capture 2019.
On Mac computers, Capture 2019 will require macOS 10.13 with Metal support. The reason for which is the removal of our legacy OpenGL-based rendering engine. Broken down per Mac model, this means:
- MacBook models introduced in 2015 or later
- MacBook Air models introduced in 2012 or later
- MacBook Pro models introduced in 2012 or later
- Mac mini models introduced in 2012 or later
- iMac models introduced in 2012 or later
- iMac Pro (all models)
- Mac Pro models introduced in late 2013, plus mid-2010 or mid-2012 models with a Metal-capable graphics card
(The list is taken from this Apple support page).